Join the Choir
Would you like to experience the thrill of singing with a large choir that has been making great choral music for over 95 seasons?
Would you like to sing with friendly people who love singing, too?
Would you like to benefit from expert training from a leading choral conductor?
- are a welcoming, friendly choir
- perform in major venues with top orchestras and soloists
- provide two hours of superb choral training each week with our charismatic conductor, Adrian Lucas
- offer support including contribution towards singing tuition for young / new choir members
- have probably sung in a choir before
- can read musical notation and sight-read music to some extent
- will be able to attend at least 75% of rehearsals held on Tuesdays from September to June
That sounds great!
Adrian [Lucas] is an entertaining director, making rehearsals really enjoyable
Ideally, contact the membership secretary by filling in our contact form, selecting the Joining the choir area of enquiry, so that you can be given further information.
Alternatively, simply turn up on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8:30pm (September to June), at the Friends Meeting House at The Priory Rooms in Bull Street, Birmingham City Centre and ask for Jill or George.
When you are ready an audition will be arranged for you. For this you will need to sing a song of your choice, that you have prepared, and be able to demonstrate some sight-reading ability.
The subscription for the 2018-2019 season is £160, but a special rate of £115 is available in the first year of membership and students in full-time education can join for free! The subscription can be paid in instalments, and we think it represents excellent value for at least five concerts and about 40 rehearsals.